Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm Getting Ready

Just a few minutes after this post, life is about to get a little more overwhelming for me. It's not just "schoolwork" lately, but greater expectations, requirements, desires, college applications, deadlines, wants, needs, and so forth. So before I embark on this quest, I must take this moment to size up what is before me, take a big breath, absorb it all in, and GO! 

So for the past few days, everything's has been fine. Not smooth sailing fine, but more "the calm before a storm" fine. Life has been throwing a few mostly curve balls directly at my face, but I've been swinging a good amount of them out of my way. However, it feels as if it's only a matter of time before the storm surges in and life becomes overwhelming. 

One thing that I have been doing lately is listen to more music, and it just so happened when I was tumbling through the interwebs did I find a brand new artist. Okay, maybe he's not that new, but he has been around for only a little while (say, a year or so) and his music is just reaching the hearts and minds of many men. His name happens to be Michael Kiwanuka, and he recently released a brand new album. A lot of people have recommended his music such as Nicole Kidman, John Mayer, and even BBC. Listening to his music has to have been one of the greatest moments of my life. I can't put a finger on what it is exactly, it's just so smooth and much needed in such a time of despair (for me, that is). I fell in love with the song "I'm Getting Ready", for reasons that I just can't seem to put in words. I think you will enjoy it, and I hope you pass it on to others.

Anyways, check out the song below, and below that is more information about him. Remember to share with others if you enjoyed it!

So that's my life lately. I think it's time to get ready for the unexpected.

Thanks for reading,


Click here to find out more about this soulful artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment