Monday, July 9, 2012

Song of the Week

Recently, I was watching the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson. He's one of my favorite late night hosts not only because he is funny, but he can also have meaningful and deep conversations with the guests that come on his show. He also excels at making something out of nothing, considering that his show has a relatively low budget and support from CBS (unlike Jimmy Fallon on NBC). Anyways, I was watching a few clips from his show when I ran into a performance from a band called The Imagineers. Now usually, I don't look at these performances, but it's not very often that a band performs on his show, so I decided to give it a shot. After watching the clip, and doing some research, I found out that he had gone back to his native Scotland, did the show over there for a week, and introduced a local band from Scotland to the mainstream audience, which was really nice of him to do. In my opinion, their music has some of the traditional roots from the past but doesn't fail to think on its own, which makes a really unique sound. I also like The Imagineers because they have a lot of potential to be a pretty decent great band.  The lead vocal's Scottish accent adds a bit of a nice twang to the lyrics for each of their song. I found it to be a little difficult to pin down a specific genre that they belong to; based on what I've heard, it sounds like a mix of blues-y rock and some form of alternative, but that really comes down to your opinion. They have an EP called See As I Say, which came out last year. The following is one of my favorite songs that has been come out from the band so far. Give them a listen and be sure to share with your friends!


Title: Mariana
Artist: The Imagineers
Album: See As I Say (EP)
Year: 2011

More information about the band can be found here

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment